Collagen I, II, III, V and X
Collagen is a popular nutritional supplement. This protein has very important functions in our body. It:
- ensures skin elasticity
- accelerates wound and bone healing
- helps with blood clotting
There are about 16 types of collagen that perform various functions in the body. Here are some of them:
- Type I collagen is the most abundant type of collagen in human tissues (accounting for approximately 90% of collagen in the human body) and is found mainly in the skin and bones.
- Type II collagen is the most abundant in cartilage tissues.
- Type III collagen is collagen that supports the structure of muscles, organs and arteries.
- Type V collagen is particularly beneficial for hair and is also present in the placenta.
- Type X collagen is found in cartilage and is helpful in healing and new bone formation.
The only collagen that contains all 5 types of collagen is Multi Collagen.